A downloadable RPG for Windows
Welcome, adventurer, to Unbounded.
Unbounded is an RPG with its sole purpose being that it should never truly repeat itself. While rooms may be similar or exact, NPC's, monsters, chest contents, difficulty, etc. will differ. Random quest lines keep the game interesting. The whole point is to get yourself to the highest difficulty attainable.
Difficulty of a particular room comes from its chunk's left and bottom-most X and Y value added together. Chunks are the groupings of rooms and may be 4x4, 5x5, or 6x6 depending on the games difficulty.
Playing the Game
Choosing a Difficulty
When choosing a difficulty, it is important to keep in mind you are only changing the size of the chunks in the game. A chunk, or set of rooms, has a consistent difficulty throughout itself.
1. Easy - 4x4 chunks which rise in difficulty at a smoother pace.
2. Medium - 5x5 chunks which rise in difficulty at an accelerated pace.
3. Hard - 6x6 chunks which rise in difficulty at an uncomfortably fast pace
Choosing a Race
The three main races currently in the game each give you a different starting advantage.
1. Human - +1 starting health cap.
2. Elf - +1 attack bonus with all weapons.
3. Dwarf - +1 defense at start.
Choosing a Class
Classes give you special advantages with certain items
1. Knight - +1 attack bonus with strength weapons (Sword).
2. Ranger - Receives larger quiver sizes from chests.
3. Mage - Obtains better potions.
Want to learn more about playing Unbounded? A PDF explaining the rules is contained within the purchase of the game!
Some future updates to look forward to (after the game is actually done):
- A cartographer class
- A merchant class
- A key belt for keys
- Depth to caves and dungeons (Really difficult the lower you go)
- Mana and Health pool rooms that heal and their respective stats
- Different types of armor
- A better soundtrack
- Ambient noise based on location
- More sound effects
Not yet available in the beta:
- More environments
So far there are only 2 environments, dungeons and forests. Very shortly there will be at least 3-5 more.
Please follow @UnboundedRPG on twitter for updates and info about the game.
NOTE: THIS GAME IS IN EARLY ACCESS AND WILL BE PRONE TO BUGS, EXPECT MANY UPDATES THAT REQUIRE RE-DOWNLOADING THE FILES OFF OF ITCH.IO.
In order to download this RPG you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: